Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bot accidently walking into holes
Hi, I have been making some own scripts. And I have noticed that sometimes the bot will accidently walk into a hole, and then not be able to come back up. For instance I have been botting in Edron earth elementals and from time to time my bot will accidently move into a hole with bog raiders and die.
Has anyone else encountered this problem?
How can I fix it? Huh
I have the same problem.
is it a hole like u need to use a shovel or a trap hole?

I actually never botted on spawn with holes on it so i dont know if its actually problem with bbot
(08-27-2016, 08:26 PM)Catar Wrote: is it a hole like u need to use a shovel or a trap hole?

I actually never botted on spawn with holes on it so i dont know if its actually problem with bbot

I believe the ones in Edron earth elementals are actually stairs, but it has happened to me in normal open holes in other hunting places aswell. Really there is nothing special about them, it just accidently walks into them for some reason from time to time and it usually causes the bot to stop or my character dying. Confused
(08-27-2016, 10:41 PM)Votzap Wrote: it just accidently walks into them for some reason from time to time and it usually causes the bot to stop or my character dying. Confused

But it walks into them while walking from point to point on Cavebot, or when he is chasing, kiting a creature?
Cuz that would help narrow down a cause
(08-28-2016, 06:35 AM)Catar Wrote:
(08-27-2016, 10:41 PM)Votzap Wrote: it just accidently walks into them for some reason from time to time and it usually causes the bot to stop or my character dying. Confused

But it walks into them while walking from point to point on Cavebot, or when he is chasing, kiting a creature?
Cuz that would help narrow down a cause

Oh thats a good point, I'm not sure since I havent actually watched it happen in action. But I do have my bot on to keep distance 3 while hunting so maybe it has something to do with the kiting? The hole is surrounded by elementals so that might be what is happening.

I will try it without the kiting and see if it still happens.
I got a temporary idea for you.

Make separate waypoints, somewhere at bottom of cavebot
that one waypoint is under hole and next waypoint is up + and GoToLabel that directs you to waypoint somewhere in middle of your Route/loop/exp label. (next to that hole, so bot can keep going)

This way when it falls into, it will find a waypoint back after few seconds. (unless it starts attacking mobs in the hole)
(08-28-2016, 03:01 PM)Catar Wrote: I got a temporary idea for you.

Make separate waypoints, somewhere at bottom of cavebot
that one waypoint is under hole and next waypoint is up + and GoToLabel that directs you to waypoint somewhere in middle of your Route/loop/exp label. (next to that hole, so bot can keep going)

This way when it falls into, it will find a waypoint back after few seconds. (unless it starts attacking mobs in the hole)

Ah thats a neat little idea. Having botted all day at the same place today, I can confirm it seems to have to do with the kiting. Having turned it off it hasn't walked into the hole even once for about 8 hours of botting. (usually it would happen 1-3 times per hour at this place). Thank you for all the help! Smile